Friday, July 30, 2010

My Mom. I Love Her.

So I don't really have anything new to talk about but my mom did share a tidbit of how- to with me over the weekend. Usually she like to "mom" people when they're sick, "Have you taken anything for it?" " Have you drank enough water today?" My personal favorite especially when she says it and she's not really listening to what you're complaining about, "Put some bactine/ aloe vera on it." :) Sometimes she does have a tip that even though it may seem weird, it is actually a good idea.

Situation: You just used the last drop of glass cleaner on the picture frames and don't have any to clean your bathroom mirrors with and your neighbors are coming over for a (insert neighbor activity here) night. They are bound to use the bathrooms and you don't want to be the one who has crap all over their mirrors. What do you do?

Well a normal person would say: "Send someone to the store for some glass cleaner"

And then what if your neighbors come while they are gone and they have to use the bathroom? What then hmmmmm? Would you try to stall them until your grocery runner got back? Apologize profusely about the mirrors? Then you would either be the crazy lady who won't let you use her bathroom or they would notice the mirrors where they might not have noticed them in the first place. You're trapped! What ever should you do?!!

Have no fear! The tip that you would probably never use is here!

Cut a potato in half and rub it on the glass. Instead of using paper towel which would probably just stick to the starchiness on the mirror, use a newspaper (on newsprint) and rub it in circles. Then take a almost damp paper towel and wipe it off, immediately drying after. It works, trust me. My mom told me this and I was all, "That's the silliest thing I've ever heard", but then I got curious and tried it. And it does work!

Situation: You're cleaning is almost done and you've just run out of glass cleaner (I don't know why it's always glass cleaner but it is isn't it?) but you still have to do wash windows!

Well, a NORMAL person would say "Oh well I'll just wash the windows next week and it'll probably rain anyway."

Well Contrary Person, I have some news for you. Dirty windows are not only an eyesore from the outside but an eyestrain from the INSIDE as well. Wouldn't you feel TONS better if they were just cleaned?

Contrary Person; "But you just said I didn't have any glass cleaner. How am I supposed to wash windows?"

Well listen and I'll tell you... geez pushy.

Anyways, don't go out and but that expensive stuff you hook onto your hose and spray; while it's very handy to use, not all of us have money to spend on washing windows. So mix dishwashing detergent into a bucket of hot water (as hot as you can stand to touch not like boiling or anything)and wipe down windows on the inside and the outside, immediately drying the ones you can reach.

Awesome! two tips in one post! Now if you're mom hasn't given you more than one piece of advice you'll never use in one day then well, I hate to say it, but she's slacking, or she just doesn't love you as much as my mom loves me... or my mom just thinks I'm an idiot, which now that I think about it, could be the case.:) Oh well, useless advice or no, I love my mom.

No comments: