Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My First Bloom

Check it out, it's my first dahlia bloom. i was a little worried after I planted these beauties because it frosted in the middle of May remember that? Yeah I was none too happy about that, but I think they turned out really cute. I was under the assumption that they would be more red than purple, but it's just as pretty as I would have hoped. I have at least ten more blooms growing to blooming size, and I'm really excited to see what they all look like. Next summer I'm doing yellow and orange and red and pink and whatever color i can get my hands on. I LOVE dahlias because they grow so tall and the petals actually glitter in the sun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks so pretty, I can't wait till I have a yard and money so I can plant a flower garden. Ahhhh I am jealous!

tuckerclucker21 said...

Little did I know it would be my ONLY bloom. It did turn out pretty though