Thursday, July 22, 2010

My UnBorn Baby's Quilt

So a while ago I went to the fabric store and my mom was kind enough to buy me project. Because that's what I REALLY need a project, cause I have absolutely NOTHING to do at my house.:) (just kidding, love you Mom.)She bought it for me because I was complaining I really didn't want to do what I had to do at my house and that I wanted to make something for the baby that we're pretty sure is a girl, but since the doctor visit on Tuesday we're not 100% So I had a really hard time picking out the fabric blocks that I wanted, (I just got one of block bundles from the fabric store) and when my sister Dorthy pulled out this fabric I nearly peed. NEARLY. Don't judge me.
So this is the finished product for my new baby which is hopefully a girl cause it's kinda girl but I suppose it could be used for a boy. I'm going to quilt on each square a little bug or a snail or something, I haven't decided.



And the back side is also patterned so it's REVERSIBLE! I'm a genius! That way when baby throws up on one side just flip it over and it's like having a clean blanket against them!!!



Now I know what all the little, old arthritic women who invented sewing are saying, "Your lines don't match up, your thread didn't sew in cause you didn't choose the right color and your edges are all uneven and wavy cause you can't sew a straight line."
Well to them I say, DEAL WITH IT. My baby will be glad he/she is warm and I'm holding them and that's all I care about. For something that's going to get thrown up, pooped and peed on, I think I'm making it look really nice, and I like the uneven edges and the fact that my lines don't match up. It's called character. Now don't you have some cards to play with your friends?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I Love it! Now I need to post of picture of my finished product so you can see it!!!!