Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dough! Nuts! Mmmmm... doughnuts

As I was standing over my sink devouring a piece of cold chicken like a ravenous beast, I thought to myself, I should really make some doughnuts today. Okay I know that if Tim reads this he'll get all sicked out cause I was eating cold chicken. Get over it honey, I've done it since I was a kid and I'll do it until I die, which incidentally, will probably be sooner than later if I keep eating cold fried chicken.:) Secondly, I only thought about the doughnuts because yesterday I really wanted to make some and I found a really quick really easy recipe for Old Fashioned cake doughnuts, which are my FLAVORITE!!! See? It's like flavor and favorite together??? Sigh anyways if you would like to try to make doughnuts, like I am going to TRY and make doughnuts, here is the recipe:

FAST AND EASY OLD FASHION DOUGHNUT
4 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 c. milk
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
2 tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix all together, roll and cut with doughnut cutter. Deep fry until brown.
Delicious plain, or coat with sugar and cinnamon.


1 comment:

Cookin' n Bookin' said...

Riley is what sells the recipe because the cold chicken part was kinda gross.... :)