Monday, November 1, 2010

Chelsie Hill 5k Run October 2010

Tim has been on a soccer kick lately as we are all aware off and he's decided he needs to get into shape for upcoming soccer league season in Spring of next year. Right like HE needs to get into shape(scoffs). So he's been running miles after Sarah's soccer games and just for fun (not lately cause he fell down the stairs at his parents house and twisted his ankle up pretty good) but he does enjoy running, so when he found out that they were holding a memorial run for Chelsie Hill (a girl his age who went to Hunter and tragically dies in a car accident a month or so ago) he was pretty excited to be able to run it. He asked people on his Facebook account if anyone wanted to run it with him and his brother Chris and an old mission companion Jacob Braghini said they would. I went for moral support cause really if I tried to run or even walk a 5k, we would have had an EARLY baby, and I didn't think that would be a very good idea. I'm sure there's some people who would do a 5 k when they're pregnant, but I don't like doing when I'm NOT pregnant, so really, yeah just not something I think I could do. So here's a picture of the athletes. Katie and her brother and sister were there too with Kenzie and Conner, but I was dumb and didn't get a picture of them. Sorry guys! It started to rain right before the runners started to come back into the stadium where they started, and then it started to pour and trying to wrestle a wet sick baby almost eight months pregnant is kind of difficult, so as soon as Jacob and Tim came back, I was ready to go, so I don't have any pictures of their triumphant returns, but Jacob came in third place and Tim was eighth or so, and Chris was a few people after Tim. Good job you guys!!

No comments: