Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Word World and the Toilet

So Riley has a favorite show. Since she's one, I don't really feel bad about that because it's a show that helps develop letter recognition and basic reading skills, so she's quickly adding to the repertoire of words she knows and can identify. She's also starting some potty training. Not hard core potty training, I'm aware she's only one and it's not going to happen overnight, we just sit her on her little toilet about once a day just to get her used to the idea. It's fun to watch her learn and grow and we are so excited for this next little baby to join the party! Riley likes to shake my belly and feel the baby roll around. She thinks it's pretty funny. So thankfully I only have about 3 or 4 weeks left depending on what the Doctor says. it's been so interesting how different this pregnancy was from Riley's. Every day seemed to drag with hers, with it being a new experience, but this one has flown by! Makes me sad actually. I really do enjoy being pregnant and when people look at me weird when I say that, all I have to say is that it's better than having a period... Really I'm not kidding. To me it's just a lot easier cause I don't have to deal with the hassle that a menstrual cycle can cause. And as for child labor and birth, I would rather have to go through that instead of cramping. Labor is just pressure and only a bit of pain, and not to mention the availability of pain medication where cramping you can only take so many drugs for it, it's an actual twisting of muscles in a very vulnerable spot in your body, and you get NO sympathy whatsoever for it. Since it happens every month, we're supposed to be able to breeze through it? No thanks!

No comments: