Monday, October 18, 2010

Chili Cookoff 2010

For third Sunday the Schmidt side of our family got together and brought their best chili recipes to share. There were 5 different kinds and they all tasted so good, it was hard to decide which you wanted to eat the most of. Tim and I took a little crockpot of white or "Ghost Chili" as Tim would call it, and Sarah and Dad ate most of that. I'm glad it all got eaten because as sad as it is, we just don't get around to eating our leftovers and then they just sit in the fridge and get gross. But anyways, all the chili was so good it was hard to decide which one to eat more of so I, being the pig that I am, ate at least four bowls of chili and ate my bread bowl. MMMMM bread bowls are delicious. Anyways, we all had a good time yesterday between frosting our Halloween cookies, eating chili, watching "How to Train Your Dragon" (super cute movie BTW) and playing fun games, I think we all enjoyed ourselves last night.

Our Halloween cookies!!! They look so good!


Playing outside while it was still warm, waiting for dinner to be done. I tried to get Rowan to pose in between the scarecrows, but the kid was too busy being a booger.


Some of the tasty Chili Entries:




My favorite picture from the evening is a: of course of my own kid cause she's cute, and b:is technically not evening in the picture but we'll count it anyways since it was after 12 in the afternoon:

No comments: