Thursday, September 23, 2010

Best of the Best (in My Opinion)

So I was sitting around my house one quiet afternoon wondering, who plays the best bad guy? Who is the best hero? Who IS the best member of the Twilight saga cast? I wasn't really wondering the last one I just thought it would be funny to start a Jake/Edward debate,because to me neither really does it. So I'm going to try and gather together as much as I can of my opinion, it's not like there's a shortage, and put it all into a post. So let's start with the ones I've already listed:

Best Bad Guy Actor:

Tim Curry.
He was always the bad guy in the kids shows he was in and he played the clown in Stephen King's "IT" (which I've never seen by the way, but seeing as it was made back in the day when movies SUCKED, I can't imagine it being very scary.) I mean honestly, who doesn't think he's a scary old man? Well he's an old man now, but back in the Home Alone days he had that Grinchy smile and those buggy eyes. He was CREEPY. Not like pedophile creepy, but "I'm trying best to think of what cooking technique to use when I eat your remains after I kill you" creepy. I would get pictures up but I can't seem how to to do that with bloggers new and improved posting thing, so if you want to remind yourself just how creepy Tim Curry is and why he's a good bad guy, just Google his name. I'm pretty sure there was a time he sharpened his teeth with a file...

okay moving on...

Best Hero:
Today vote: Hugh Jackman hands down
Back in the day I would have said Val Kilmer, because I know it's totally gay but I have a soft spot for him. He was the best part in Willow, and in Batman Forever, yeah we all know it was ridiculous but don't deny that you watched it. And as for " The Saint" just watch it and if you're feeling brave turn off the sound and come up with your own script. Just be sure when he takes off his sweater, use the line for the girl, " No I said take OFF your sweater." And try not to laugh.
But now with so many budding new actors and eyes candy on the market I think it's a toss up between a few; so I'll list um... 3 and we can decide collectively who is better than who. Because aren't we here to judge each other?:)

- Harrison Ford: Indiana Jones, Firewall, Star Wars (gotta play on the heart strings of the geekdom out there)
-Bruce Willis: Die Hard Series, Live Free or Die Hard, Armageddon, Fifth Element (first Bruce Willis movie I saw, still on my favorites list)
-3 way tie for this between Gerard Butler, Jason Statham, Clive Owen (just because they have muscles and I'm pretty sure they have all done some karate in their day)

Best Bad Girl Actress:

This one is hard! no one really thinks about the girls going crazy and being the bad guy(girl), but I managed to come up with one name based soley on her tattoos and her incessant need to be weird. I know judgmental, but hey, it's my blog.
Angelina Jolie. She's always in your face with her big lips and well, her face in general, and doesn't put up with crap from men. So I don't think being a bad girl would hurt her image. Everyone went crazy for her in Tomb Raider, mostly because she was buck nekkid in a few scenes, so obviously it doesn't hurt her sex appeal either.

Best Heroine:

Charlize Theron
or Penelope Cruz
Just because I don't really watch movies for the girls.

Best Mentally Challenged Actor (meaning they play a character who is mentally challenged not that they themselves are mentally challenged)

Sean Penn or Dustin Hoffman
-"I am Sam" is an awesome movie I just watched it for the first time last night with my husband (who cried) and it really makes you think about what you would do if you were in those different situations, as the father, as the child, as the foster mother, as the defending lawyer, and the prosecuting lawyer, it just makes you really think about it and how difficult it would be, but how love should overcome anything. really sweet movie.
-Dustin Hoffman in "Rainman"-plays a savaunt (from Utah woot woot!) who calls his brother Raymond "Rainman" and it's just about the impact of someone with special abilities in your family may have on you. Very good movie. Dustin Hoffman is an awesome actor as well. Outbreak? I mean comeon? who doesn't love a little monkey disease?

And I suppose finally Who IS the best character in the Twilight Series?

Emmett Cullen or Charlie Swan


Discussion is now open to those who have an opinion. If you don't like Twilight,(Sarah) then don't comment on it. Feel free to add to whatever!

3 comments:

Mercedes said...

I am Sam is an amazing movie :)

tuckerclucker21 said...

i know! I would get a little teary eyed at some parts but I'm pretty sure Tim cried a lot more than I did. He really liked it and couldn't stop talking about it all night

The Armitsteads said...

I like Carlisle too, the book Carlisle, not the movie Carlisle who can't decide if he has an accent or not. I mean, what the heck?