Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Schmidt Sunday Feb 2011

We all know every Sunday the Schimdts get together and have a family night kind of thing where we mostly just eat dinner and laugh at each other. This last Sunday my mom wanted to try a "tasting party". I guess she saw it on the food nanny and she wanted to try it because we have some pretty picky farts in our family (i.e. Dad, Tim and Rory.)
So we all got to make a dinner dish and a dessert dish or two dinner dishes or whatever, and then we got to taste a little bit of each one. But that meant the week before, I had to decide what the heck we were going to bring. Very late Saturday night Tim brings two recipes to me that we have to go get stuff for. All I can say is thank goodness our church is at 1 in the afternoon. We got our stuff prepped and ready to go on Sunday and by 5:30 we were at my parents house. We decided we would make Open Faced Chicken Roasted Pepper and Pesto sandwiches and Candied Bananas.



Rory and Dorthy made Lignonberry Tartlets (which were very sour/good)and teriyaki meatballs that when you ate with pineapple, were very good, but you had to eat them with the pineapple otherwise they were pretty darn sweet. Steph and Kevin had made Pork Japanese Curry(at least I think it was Japanese, but it had pork in it, so I was okay) and they also made baked shrimp scampi which tasted like butter so I was extra okay.:)



Charles made potato gnocchi in a tomato based sauce. I thought it needed some zuchinni and more vegetables, but it was still really good. Gnocchi is a dense either flour or potato base noodle so naturally, I like it.



Mom made Basmati Rice and Chicken Curry- Masala (I think) which was kind of underwhelming. It looked and smelled good but then when you tasted it, it tasted like chicken and rice. Which I like, but I've had it a couple time before, so it wasn't really exciting.:)
Then we went through the usual routine. Girls went downstairs with the kids and watched tv while the boys stayed upstairs and played video games. It's always fun together with family.

No comments: