Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

My mom turned 49 on the 5th of this month and my dad got her a special something. A few months ago she looked at her wedding ring one day and the diamond had fallen out after 30 years and a lot of abuse, it was gone! So my dad wanted to look at how much it would be to get it recrowned and get a new bigger diamond. Needless to say, it was WAY too expensive. Us kids had bought my dad a new wedding band after her lost his down at the farm last year off of Overstock so I started looking there and sent a few to him to look at. He didn't like the ones I sent, so I just waited for him to decide what he wanted. He called me one day and had me look at this ring that he found

It's very similar to my mom's old one except hers was a round diamond and didn't have the little accent diamonds and the wedding band was welded to the engagement ring. So I ordered it for him and it finally came the Monday before the big day. I can't imagine how hard it was for Dad to keep that secret. He is a big softie and pretty sentimental about things like that, don't let his gruff exterior fool you, so I'm sure he was itching to give it to her that day, but he waited until Saturday when we all came over for cake and ice cream. Luckily we got to see my Grandma and Grandpa before they went back down to farm for the night. It was cute to see the little set up Dad had put the ring in. He bought a little Valentine bear and wrapped the box and put it in the little basket the bear was holding. After much effort mom finally got all the wrapping paper from around the little ring box. Before she opened it he said, "You said yes thirty years ago, would you say it again?"
AWWWWWWWWWWWW! Isn't that precious?! Who knew my dad was such a romantic? Anyways, it was cute and I'm glad she likes it. Hopefully this one lasts a little longer and then they can save up for a BIGGER diamond;)Mom will tell you she doesn't really want one, but who doesn't appreciate a big sparkle on their finger? ;)

Happy Birthday Mom! We Love You!

No comments: