Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Worst Day Ever...


So Mindy my SIL my recall getting a text this afternoon asking her if she had ever had those days she felt like driving her car off a cliff... Let me explain, today was pretty much the worst day of the my life. It started out okay, but very quickly fell apart as I watched my sanity fall bit by bit down around my ears. I woke up and was fully awake at 6 30 when Riley decided it was time to get up and play. So I played with her in bed for a while hoping Tim would just give up sleeping and just get up and shower, but I swear he could sleep through a nuclear explosion. Anyways, Riley finally gets tired again after Tim leaves about 7 30 and falls back asleep. So I think, GREAT! I'll take Penny out really quick come back in and shower and then we can be out to mom's house in a timely manner. I get up and get dressed and take a very excited Penny to the door. Okay got the leash got my shoes, Penny be quiet and DON'T wake up Riley, now I just grab my keys and- wait a minute, where's my house key? Stupid pregnant brain you put it somewhere and forgot where it was. It's on the table... no not the table, or the counter, or the dresser,... okay let's think about what we did yesterday. Tim came home we went swimming, i had to have them to open the door when we got back, so they did make it into the house, Then we went for ice cream I didn't take my purse or anything cause Tim had his keys... hmmm where could they be? So after this lengthy inner monologue, i call Tim
"Where are my keys?"
"Are they on my dresser?
"No, I just looked there, oh ps your dresser is a mess you'll have to clean that up sometime."
"Yeah. Is it on the key ring?"
Would I be calling you if it was on the keyring?"

pause

"I don't know."
"no not on the key ring."
"Well I've just pulled into work so I'll call when I get in the building."
"Okay"

Sigh, well he wasn't much help. so I go through my steps. Swimming keys in the door and I put them... where? The whole time I was racking my brain thinking of where on God's green earth I could have put these stupid two little keys! But guess what? i didn't put them anywhere. My darling husband had carried them off and we all know what happens when he walks off with things, they are never heard from again.... Oh no panic time. so I call my mom.
"Mom I can't leave here without someone being here because I don't have a house key. i can't seem to find it. I would ask you to come out here, but you may not want to do that, I don't know."
Mom-"Yeah,... not really."
"Okay I'll keep looking"
So I basically turn my house upside down looking for these stupid keys, (don't worry anyone, Penny did make it outside) and after much cursing and praying for both help and forgiveness for the cursing, I find THE KEYS and the angels sang a happy song. Where did I find these you may ask, well in the bathroom of course. Out of eyesight behind the bag I use to pack my haircutting stuff when I make house calls. Well of course it was there, i should have known immediately there was nothing to worry about because doesn't EVERYBODY leave their house keys in the bathroom? Oh wait... yeah they DON'T!!! so ends fiasco #1
K fiasco #2 might be a little gross but you have to give me a break given my circumstances and the fact that I'm pregnant. (no I didn't pee my pants.)
So whilst I am driving out to my mother's house in West Valley I start to feel a little queasy... yeah I'm sure you can see where this going. Around the on ramp to 2-15 on 4700s my vitamins which i didn't take with food... (and I wonder why me?) come back up and all the water I drank with a little sunny d thankfully it was a: mostly all over me so I could slowly peel the mess off when I got to my mother's and b: it was mostly water because I hadn't eaten much for the past 24 hours. Although it did have partially disintegrated prenatal and daily vitamins in it, so now I have a strange aversion to the Flinstones vitamins which is what it smelled like. i think about it and really all that was going through my mind was " Oh geez I hope no one sees me do this."
REALLY?! Not oh geez I'm going to puke, let's open the door so it doesn't get everywhere when you're already late for your OB appointment... or Just breathe just breathe and don't puke... no no it's I hope no one is watching me throw up all over myself... I'm officially hopeless. anyways, I make it to my moms and borrow some clothes from Sarah and Charles yeas even 3 months prego I can still fit into my little siblings clothes!!!! but I make my way, VERY QUICKLY towards downtown Salt Lake where my doctor is. Okay i have a question to pose here: How much road does a construction team really need to tear up? honestly? I like to give this as an answer: EVERY ROAD IT CAN GET ITS GRUBBY LITTLE HANDS ON!!!!!!!!! i swear if someone gave me the choice between hit by a train but surviving as a vegetable or trying to get to south temple and 4th in a simple easy route, I would definitely take being hit by a train. because then at least as a vegetable I wouldn't have to deal with the INSANE construction that is going on downtown. I'm pretty sure they dig big hole sin the road just to drive people crazy and make my life miserable. So Fiasco #3 is be late to appointment because you had to find your way like a rat in a maze of orange cones.I swear I am never going east from the west again. and it's interesting how whenever you bring it up to everyone, and they all go " Oh yeah they're doing this and this and this project" I personally think that they should make commercials about what projects they are doing when they are doing them and have morning news announce the road closures and stuff EVERY morning. At the beginning of the newscast. But the day got better when I heard baby's heartbeat, and on a good note, my car doesn't stink like puke.:)

3 comments:

Alicia Clingman said...

I'm sorry! That's no fun. I hate construction! I always think "wasn't that road just fine???" oh well.

Alicia Clingman said...

I'm sorry! That's no fun. I hate construction! I always think "wasn't that road just fine???" oh well.

Unknown said...

I feel like that at the end of most days. I always wake up on a semi positive notes that we will have no yelling, fights and time outs today. But by the end of the day I am DONE. Ohhh the joys of being a mom