Monday, May 24, 2010

Justin's Mission Call

Justin got his Mission call to the area of Kennewick, Washington where he will be speaking English. It was funny, two weeks ago we hoped it would have already been here, but it never came and never came and Justin kept getting grouchier and grouchier. Then on Saturday when we were all about to leave Sarah decides to check the mail. Guess what? It came, so we all filed back into the house and we all got our phones ready,( I really do have video I just don't have time to upload it with this post. It'll get a special post all to itself.) We have all been speculating about where he would be sent, because that's what you do. (Tim's family; if you either guess right on or the closest to it the missionary to be has to take you out to dinner.) So everyone had decided that South Africa is where Justin needed to be but obviously we don't know anything because he stumbled through the first line to spit out, " Kennewick, Washington" We all sat in stunned silence. Not out of disappointment but just out of pure shock. Well, okay then, he's going to Kennewick, Washington, That's where he's needed. when we finally got over the awkward silence we were all excited for him because a mission is just an awesome event. I'm pretty sure Justin leaving will be a lot harder on me than Charles's because A; I'm not getting married and I don't have anything too exciting to keep me distracted from it; and B; Justin ALWAYS is there to make me laugh. Sometimes he can be a butthead and a jerk, but no one and play off the cuff like he does. Time seems to go in slow motion for him so his timing is always comically perfect. I'll miss him muchly, but he'll be back and let's face it, if it gets too bad, I could practically walk to his mission, it's not too far away, and I'll have Mother's days and Christmases to have him make me laugh. Sometimes I feel like Charles wasn't gone long enough, but oh well, we can't have everything we want.:) Just kidding Charles.

No comments: