Thursday, December 3, 2009

What Do You Say?

So lately I 've tried to keep myself busy and mainly keep myself out of trouble, so I haven't blogged much. I have however seen a few movies and because I feel generous I want to blog about my opinion of them.:) In November The Tucker girls, my sister and Katie's mom and sister all went to go see New Moon. Yes ladies this is the one where Jake cuts his hair and gets his man muscles. what I tell everyone: It was definitely better than the first, but the acting is still a little stiff and I really don't dig Robert Pattinson. I know he's supposed to look like he's in pain when he's around Bella, but to me he just looks squinty. Like the sun is in his eyes all the time, even when it's dark. But I had a good time at the movie anyways and it was super cool of Katie to let me invite and bring my sister. But to top the night off, whilst we were walking out of the theater, some 7th grade vampire lover turns to sqwak to her friend: "Jane is supposed to be BLACK." I heard this and just stopped even though a horde of people were behind me, it was about two in the morning and the eye candy was gone, so needless to say, some people weren't happy with me for stopping to contemplate this deranged pubescent comment, Then I feared for her well being. She looked much to young to be doing drugs, but I guess you never know these days. But if you go to see it or when you're reading the books, no matter what you see or hear, 'Jane is supposed to be BLACK'
The Saturday after Thanksgiving my dad wanted to take all of us kids, and our families to a dollar movie, because let's face it, if you were to take 12 people to a regular movie, you have to be a millionaire. I for one love dollar theaters. They're cheap and most of them are pretty decent and you don't leave you're shoes on the floor when you get to leave. Anyway the Saturday after Thanksgiving my dad wanted to go to a movie so we decided on a movie and because I hadn't seen it yet, we went to go see "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". All in all it was pretty good. I heard the last one is going to split up into 2 movies, but I can't really be sure because that may be Twilight news and I'm just meshing the two paranormal movies together. I'm grateful for Harry Potter because it reminds me where I started and Twilight is where I ended up. Obviously I haven't moved very far culturally, but why not enjoy a good movie right? The HP kids are getting so much older and when I watched the 5th one with Justin the next day I saw how little they actually were when they first started. They were BABIES!!!!! So looking forward to the next movie, maybe next two movies??? Maybe someone can enlighten me as to what's going on there.
And for movie number three that I've seen in as many weeks, my mom took me and Steph to go see Julie and Julia. For those of you who don't know it's about a woman named Julie who is turning thirty and undertakes the daunting task of cooking through Julia Child's cookbook in one whole year. It also tracks through the life of the gargantuan woman herself, Julia Child. I remember growing up, watching her on tv and watching her do crazy cooking things like punching bread dough with her feeble old lady arms and fearing she was going to break something. Mainly the movie follows through the time Julia and her husband Paul lived in France and she took cooking lessons because she had nothing to do while she was there and she was bored. It's very cute and there's parts where you laugh and there's parts where you cry, but mostly you just laugh. Meryl Streep does a VERY good Julia Child impersonation. But anyway, this Julie lady cooks through the cook book and blogs about it, not thinking anyone is going to read it, but to her surprise lots of people do read and they like it. It also follows through her ups and downs as she learns that she's getting so wrapped up in fulfilling HER goals she completely forgets about her husband who, incidentally, suffers indigestion for her and eats EVERYTHING she makes, and gave her the idea in the first place. It was stupid but every time either Julie and her husband kissed or Julia and Paul kissed I missed Tim. Cheesy I know but when you're married and you're in a cheesy mood, it's all good. I liked this movie. Good story, somethings could be left out, but you have that with everything.
While I was at this movie I saw a trailer for Blind Side or The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock. Someone else will have to tell me what it's about because the trailer made me bawl my eyes out and I will not go see a movie to intentionally make myself cry.
Well, that's pretty much what has been up lately. Tah.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

i saw the blind side. Its about a stranded young man who a family takes in and he becomes a football star. its amazing, but i didn't cry (surprisingly because i'm a baby) you'd like it.

tuckerclucker21 said...

I want to see it, but I would definitely cry. I cried during Up... so yeah probably not going to see it.

Jennifer said...

Just want to follow up with the Harry Potter question...I am a total nerd because I love Harry Potter (Our first anniversary was partly spent at the movie because that's when it came out) And to answer your question, number 7 is in 2 parts, and I believe, unless they move the date, the first one will be out November 2010! Yeah!

tuckerclucker21 said...

YAY for nerds!!! I love Harry Potter too. Steph and I did knit ourselves Hogwarts scarves and wore them to the movie, but I believe we got that pattern from your mother, so you would be the bigger nerd by default.:)

The Armitsteads said...

You cried too? Whew, I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I was sitting there thinking, "who cries during a trailer?" I was also sort of glad that you were sitting on the other side of Mom because I didn't want you to make fun of me.