Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Schmidt Christmas 2009

This year is almost over and so is another year off of Charles' mission time. Now if you know Charles, then you'll know that he's kind of standoffish and a little snobby, but that's just because he thinks he knows everything. This Christmas was nice because we got to talk a nice HUMBLE Charles. It's amazing what a mission can do for a person. This year was also fun because we pitched in to buy my parents a new TV and VCR/DVD player because, quite frankly, their old one STINKS. So here are a few pictures to remember the time by. I was a little disappointed because Tim couldn't stop talking about he needed Justin to help him with something in the car, but I guess next time we get a surprise gift we just can't tell Tim. :)My Dad opened the TV. He said that he already KNEW that we were getting him a TV , but he was still pretty excited because he went right downstairs to set it up;) (knew what you were getting...pish posh.)
My mom got to open up the VCR because she was in a small cramped area. My Grandparents (that's my Grandpa behind my mom) came up to bring presents and to talk to Charles. It's nice to see them every once in a while. Since they live kinda far away, its fun when we do get to see them. I miss them when we don't see them for a while.
Rowan, Abi, and Riley were all around the phone "talking" to Charles. The phone was on speaker phone so Charles couldn't tell who was talking and he just kept talking, and not listening to the kids babble at him, but it was so cute.
Rowan would talk to the phone even when we didn't have Charles on the line... He's so funny. He got so excited and it sounded like he was saying "Hey Charles, Hey Charles" it was so cute to watch.
So another Christmas has come and gone and Charles only has about 5 months left on his mission. CRAZY!!!!! That also means Tim and I have been married for two years. WEIRD!!! 2009 was an awesome year to experience pregnancy, childbirth, and family time. I hope next year has much more to offer and that the country gets into better shape, but for now, I'm happy with my new little baby, my nieces and nephews and all fun I've had with my family. I'm grateful I've had so many chances to grow and learn spiritually, mentally, physically and as a family. 2009 was great, but I'm stoked for 2010 to be here already.

2 comments:

The Armitsteads said...

Yeah, Dad didn't know, although I'm sure he hoped. You know that Dad's way of showing excitement is to not show anything. Sly, but he didn't pull it over on me. I knew he was basically "beside himself" when he opened it.

tuckerclucker21 said...

I know... he kept telling Sarah "Thank you" over and over