Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 The Blizzard Edition

Tim and I were on the way to the store last night when he all of a sudden got very giddy about something. "Tomorrow is WEDNESDAY!" He just kept saying over and over. I sat there racking my brain trying to figure out what importance this particular Wednesday had, but could not for the life of me think of it. Tim could see I was obviously struggling so he explained, " After Wednesday I only have two more days of work, then it's hospital time." Oh of course. Hospital/baby time. Well that IS exciting but I didn't think it's something he would get so excited over so soon. Then he said, "Then I have a whole week off." and sighed happily. Oh yes, he's only happy because he gets to miss work. Don't tell him, but it's NOT exactly a walk in the park staying at home with Riley. Don't get me wrong I love my kids and being able to spend time with them is the best blessing I've ever had, but the closer the due date has gotten for Bridget to come, the more needy Riley has become. I am pretty sure she knows something is about to happen and I think she is aware of the baby bulging from my midsection because she likes to shake it and watch it move. But she's gotten really whiny and she's always wanting to snuggle me, which in it's self isn't bad, Ill take snuggles from her any day, but the whining really grates on the nerves. As you've probably read from everyone else's blog, We had a few huge snow dumps the week of and weekend of Thanksgiving. Tuesday last week Tim calls me and tells me he might to get come home early because the national weather service issued a blizzard warning for the entire state of Utah from about 5 that until sometime the next day. He also said that his boss was making his whole team stay and work from home on Wednesday. I knew Tim was wanting to go down to his parents house for Thanksgiving and try to get some more paint on his scooter so it was out of his parents way, so I tried to think of a way that would get us out to West Valley without having to drive in the snow more than necessary. Because if Tim was in charge, we would be driving WAY more than necessary, cause that's just how things happen. So I called my mom and explained to her that we would be out there the rest of the week anyway and asked if we could come stay at their house. She of course said yes, and my Dad of course said no, because he knew the dog would have to come, but we went anyway. As soon as Tim got home the snow had started and we hurriedly got packed up and we were on the road. They weren't too bad except Tim took the long way and only about a mile and a half away from my parents house we were slowed way down at some train tracks where no one decided to remember the laws about driving and how you're supposed to stay in your own lane. I know crazy right? There were several slide offs and retarded people who thought if they gunned it, they would get their bald tires to grip and they would be able to drive through the snow just fine... NOT TRUE. I was grateful for my fantastic SUV that drove like a champ through all the snow and got us all safely to my parents house for the rest of the week and weekend. Sarah was all excited to have Penny back at the house and Penny was all excited to be back at my parents house, because she basically gets whatever she wants while she's there. We ended up staying until Monday night because of another BIGGER snow storm that had been brought in on the coat tails of the blizzard. I had a doctor's appointment on Monday and my mom was going to watch Riley for me anyways so she just took while Tim was at work. Alas, nothing had changed down there so we're still waiting for the 6th to roll around. We were glad to be home but I am very grateful for parents who let me come crash at their house when I need to, even if they gripe about it every time(DAD). I think it was good for Riley because she was not able to sleep ANYWHERE but her own bed for longer than a half hour because of her fear of getting left. But she slept and napped wonderfully at my parents at least for this weekend which is good prep for this next week when she'll be staying with my parents or Tim's parents while we are at the hospital, which hopefully won't be for a long time. It was also good for me to stay there because on Wednesday I was pretty sure I was going to go into labor so my dad patiently timed my contractions which were 3 mins long and about 2 minutes apart, so I could have gone to the hospital but I'm so paranoid I would get sent home I just stayed and toughed it out, and we didn't have a baby anyway.

Riley waking up from an afternoon nap at Grandmas


It's not Thanksgiving unless you get a pictures with olives on your fingers but Riley was eating them so fast, I think she went through an entire can before we got a decent picture. You taught her well Grandpa.



Tim got in touch with his creative side and learned how to crochet. Yes CROCHET and he ENJOYED it. He even said that it was kind of sad to him when he had a choice to play video games or crochet and he picked crocheting over the games. I'm so proud!

No comments: