Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

So today is Mother's Day and I'm a bad daughter and didn't even do anything for my mother or my mother in law, so... we're just going to talk about them and how great Mom's are. So, because I spent a pretty huge majority of my life with my mom I'll start with her. My mom was born in February on the 5th(I think ;)) and married my dad in August in the Jordan River Temple after she sent him on a mission to Canada. My mom can do so many things, She can sew anything, cook anything, grow a huge garden, share everything, teach anyone, and love everyone. My mom taught me how to be not only how to be a good mom, but how to love the people around me, how to stand up for the little guy, how to keep your mouth shut when you should, how to keep it under control when everyone around me is losing that control. My mom tried to teach me piano but I quit and she was okay with that. She let me follow silly ideas during school that I eventually gave up, but she was okay with that even though it took her time, and her money. She taught me how to love and support my husband when money is tight, and how to take care of my family at the same time. She taught how to follow and love my Father in Heaven who has given me so much through her. She gave me life and I could never say enough about how great she has made it for me. I Love you Mom.

Aaaaaand okay let me calm down enough so I can see the screen....
okay, Now it's Julie's turn. Julie I haven't known for very long just going 9 years this July, but so far she's been pretty great. She raised a wonderful son who got the lucky chance to fall in love with and get married to for time and all eternity which by happenstance means that I am also tied to their family for time and all eternity which I really couldn't ask for anyone better to be around. I watch go through things with her family with grace and dignity and I see her work VERY hard so her children have not only what they need but a lot of what they want. I see her want to take care of her children even if it means she has to put herself in a bad position, I see that she is willing to do anything for her family. I see her go through trials and tough events with her mother and sisters, feeling helpless, but knowing it's for the best she still does it. I know that she is given these experiences because our Heavenly Father knew she weather them. I see her open her home and her arms to those in need. I am in awe of her ability to work so hard physically, mentally and spiritually to keep her family on the right track. I see her love her children not because she tells them but because she's so willing to drop everything and help them. I'm sorry to say that all I have for her today is my love and appreciation for her and everything that she does and for her raising my wonderful husband to become the man I love so much. I love her too and I hope she knows that.
Of course I cannot say enough about my two beautiful children who I have the honor of being a mother to. Riley who will get me back in line as soon as I think about getting out of it. And my BB (Baby Bridget) whose smile makes me think angels cried when she left heaven cause she's so beautiful. (I know, gay but come on she's toats adorb and no one can deny it!p.s. 'toats adorb' means totally adorable.)

I actually have a lot of people who I am grateful for their maternal influences. I have Janet Fredrickson who was a second mom to as I grew up and she raised my best friend, I have Mihoko Armitstead who has taken us as her family and treats us that way, I have my Grandmothers who I love dearly but I don't see nearly enough. I have my older sisters who are such great examples to me of love and faith. And there are so many more, I really can't list them all. To all the mom's, grandmother's, aunt's, sisters, wives, sister-in-laws, teachers, thank you for everything that you do even if you're not medically defined as a 'mother' if you help in anyway, you're a mother. Happy Mother's Day everyone!

No comments: