Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Miss the Magnificent Justo!

This morning I opened my email knowing that today was Justin's p-day and would be able to write to us. He hasn't really written me a full blown letter in a while, but I still get a joke of the week. This week's joke was:

How many Edwards does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None! Because he doesn't exsist! If he did, he wouldn't do it anyway.

I laughed and cried when I read this partly because it was funny and partly because I miss him a lot. When I say a lot I mean A LOT. Justin has always been the source of pure joy in our family because of his impeccable comedic timing, off the cuff retort ability and the relentless whistling (serious, the kid could whistle like no body's business). I'm sure he shares jokes with other people, but the way he just wants to make you smile, makes it all his own. He wrote a paper letter to Tim and I and his joke in that one was:

"A piece of string walked into a bar and the bartender said, 'We don't serve your kind here.' so the string went back outside ruffled his hair and twisted and turned then walked back into the bar. The bartender asked 'Aren't you that guy from just a second ago?' The piece of string shrugged and said 'Nope, frayed knot.' "

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I still laugh every time I think about it. I laughed pretty hard when I got the letter, Tim didn't think it was THAT funny but still pretty funny right? When he was a kid he was always a good source of entertainment and wowed the crowds with his magic acts as "The Magnificent Justo" with our uncle Frank as his side kick. He could disappear, "okay everybody you'll need to close your eyes for 3 seconds..." he could inflict severe pain, "It'll be like sitting on your keys..." but most importantly he could melt your heart with his "magic". We love you J Happy birthday on the 15th this month!



(Yes I just barely made this picture, and yes those are supposed to be fireworks)

No comments: