Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One of THOSE Days...

Does anyone else have one of those days where you look at your kids and cry? Not because you don't know where your life went or that you spend all your time with them, but because you notice how BIG they are getting? Today is one of those days for me. Every time I even think about Riley, even though she's just in her room taking a nap, I start to bawl, cause she's getting too big and she grew WAY too fast. How do you make it STOP! She's talking and dressing herself and she'll even try to get her own food if you take too long to get it for her. I love every stage, but seriously SLOW DOWN KID! She'll be two in July and it makes me feel like I didn't do enough in the that first 24 months. I just can't keep up with her! Before I know it she'll be taller than me and asking to "hang out" with her friends. The other day she had me take the top off her toy chest and put it on the floor then she carefully placed all her stuffed animals and babies around it and dug through the toy box until she found the tea set I bought for her a while ago and she set it up and she was talking to her toys and giving them tea! what?! Kids don't do this until they're like big right? I watched her from the hall cause she would wonder why I was crying. Even Bridget is getting too big. I go to school at night for only 3.5 hours and I feel like I miss so much! I crave them when I'm gone. Don't get me wrong I love having some time to myself, but I feel much more productive when I'm with my kids! sometimes Riley will come and hug me and lay her head on my shoulder and all I can do is hold her tighter. It takes everything I have not to squeeze all the air out of her, i love her so much. Even now I'm crying, just thinking about it. Does this happen to anyone else? Or am I just crazy?





No comments: