Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Year, New Challenge

So since it's the New Year I believe it customary to make New Year Resolutions. For this I am slightly annoyed, but I feel obligated, probably leading to my annoyance. so, we'll start off with the classics; this year I vow(the word makes it funnier when I don't do it.:)) that I will:

Lose 20 pounds.... (snicker) yeah right. Let's make it 5 and if we get more than that it's a pleasant surprise.

Spend less money.... it's hard to spend any less money than zero.... but I'll still try my best. At least I'll succeed at that one!

Promote World Peace...... (I don't know it sounded good)

More importantly I would like to do the following:

Save more money.... Saving is different than not spending any money, which is why I put down here...

Be kinder to my siblings and my family.... They are the best things in my life and I don't what I would do without them, they deserve it every once in a while, Prepare and participate more in family activities with a good attitude!!!!

Attend all of my meetings on Sundays.... this is pretty easy for me since we teach Primary, and it's basically the best place on the planet, but there's always room for improvement, I suppose I could put study and prepare my class lessons more throughly.

Appreciate my husband for the things he does do and focus less on the things he doesn't.... I'm a super naggy wife to the pain of my ever patient husband, and there are days I get after him for everything. I'm seriously trying to be better and I will be it'll just take time and a lot of migraines.

Sew/Craft/Do Artsy, mom stuff More.... I'm not a scrapbooker and I can't sew in a straight line but I have never enjoyed anything as much as looking at something I made with pride and know that I did it all by myself. I made a pair of pjs for Riley and my mom made a couple pairs, and if you hold them side by side you definitely know who made which, but I still make Riley wear mine because what she going to do, tell me no?

Expand my interests and talents more.... I'm weird and I love anything to do with planning weddings. If anyone was involved with the planning of my wedding, they'll know that I was very specific as what I wanted and I paid for it if I had to. I could've seriously been engaged forever and planned for a few years and just bought things and would've been happy with it. I would really like to start my own event planning business and run an event hall, but you need money for stuff like that, so when Tim finishes school and gets a big fat raise for it, then we'll get it off the ground.

Take more pictures... they will most likely be all of Riley but I would like to take a picture for everyday of the year this year and put them up as a las assignment on my blog each day, but I'm already a few days behind so when I get around to it, there may be a few.

I think that's enough resolutions that may never be accomplished, don't you? I hope everyone made some kind of goal for this year whether it's going back to school, finishing school, buying a home or even getting your dinner dishes clean every night, if it's a goal that when reached it's something you can be proud of then why not do it?







No comments: