Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Painting the baby's room. A Task, a Chore, an Adventure

So one day i decided I wanted to paint the room that is going to be our baby room.
It took a lot of primer and many man hours on Tim's part, (there is photographic evidence of me helping, see?) but we finally got the room to a point we could paint it. when we first moved in the room that was designated was a periwinkle color of sorts. The picture really doesn't show how dark the paint actually was. And every time a layer of primer dried, the blue purple or "Bloctopus" colored paint as Tim so lovingly dubbed it, soaked it up and showed through. I wasn't really sure as to what color I wanted to paint it but it had to be bright because the room is on the back of the house, it doesn't get that much sun anyway, you know yadda, yadda, yadda. So it had to be something that wouldn't absorb every ounce of light that actually did make it into the room. Finally Tim and I decided that a nice light yellow would be a good change and for a baby's room totally neutral right?

3 comments:

Nikki said...

while i was reading your post i was thinking to myself, "they should paint it yellow" how funny is that?

tuckerclucker21 said...

I really couldn't decide what I wanted to do, but yellow is a nice baby neutral so that's what I went with. it was a little too yellow at first, but we got stuff in there and it looked a little less blaring. I think I'll like it more when there's a baby in there though and the plants are gone.

Kim said...

It looks great. Good job!