Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Woah I'm Behind...

Where to begin... um I'm really behind on posting about the rest of the summer, and so much has happened. Maybe I'll start from August and work my way to now, or maybe I should start from now and work my way backwards.... decisions, decisions.... maybe I'll just go take a nap...no, no, no. Stay awake, stay awake.

JULY-

Riley turned three
Sarah got engaged
Chaos ensued

August/September
Sarah's wedding showers started, and the kids enjoyed the presents
And hopefully, Sarah did too.
 All the while Tim and I were prepping the girls for our trip to Disneyland. It would be their first time and our first time in the last four years. I think we had warrants to be excited. Then the day finally came when we got to pile in the car and drive the 700 miles to California. The girls were absolute troopers (we drove at night so they slept) Tim was ready to fall over when we got there (he didn't sleep at all before we left, yeah...)


These are from the morning we drove into our hotel parking lot. Yummy, Twizzlers for breakfast.
After we showered and got dressed and a little more revived for the day, we headed over for Disneyland. ( Bridget looks how Tim and I felt)
SO EXCITED!

In front of the castle! Hooray for finally being here!!!

Even though Daddy was tired he still smiled. He was more excited than anyone I think:)
LET'S HIT THE RIDES!!!!
We started with Pirates of the Caribbean. Riley wasn't too sure she liked this one
Bridget was still kind of dazed from being in the car for so long
After Pirates, we got some lunch at Cafe Orleans( I think that's what the restaurant was called anyway)






The food was good, and Riley enjoyed everyone's strawberries from their plates.
 Then we went to ride more rides. We went to Winnie the Pooh next hoping to kind of ease the kids into liking rides.




 Then Finding Nemo (yes the picture is fuzzy but that's what I get for trying to take a picture of Bridget when she's looking at the camera. That girl cannot hold still for the life of her.)

Then the Monorail. Riley would see this going around the park above our heads and she would get so excited "Look Mom, there's the Monorail. I like that ride." 
Note: These are the ONLY pictures that I look remotely good in. Our first day there it was about 75-80 degrees, but the rest of the time it was over 90 in to the 100s. That and I look fat in all the other pictures.


 Bridget liked the Monorail too. Although I was worried she would try to jump out of the windows. We went back to the hotel pretty early that first night because we were all tired.
 The second day we headed back to D land but since we only had five day park hoppers we want to hit California Adventure for a good amount of time because that's where they have a lot of the parades.

 Got some lunch... Those corn dogs were good but not as good as the ones in Disneyland from the red cart.

 Then it got HOT HOT HOT!!!! So went to find some water.















 
This fountain didn't disappoint. But we thought we could do better and get wetter than that so we went to find a better watering hole with more water
 Riley only got in the stroller after being promised lots more water.
 They weren't too happy about having to leave the fountain
 But once we got to the Bugs Land and they found the TWO spalsh areas, they were in heaven.














 Hello? Any water in there?





 I think Riley won the wet t-shirt contest don't you? :)
We had to bribe the girls out of the water with treats so we could ride rides and give their clothes a chance to get dry.

 Someone got sleepy





 Put your hands in the air!







 Bridget wanted to ride with Riley and me

 Then we got to ride Tuck and Roll bumpercars

 I think Tim gave her candy so she would stop crying





 Riley wasn't really into to paying attention to the road




That's enough for today I'll put up more pictures tomorrow... oh yeah one more thing. We got a happy bit of news while we were in the Happiest Place on Earth
Baby Tucker #3 is on it's way and will be making their debut on May 26th 2013. We are very excited and I am very tired. I'm going to go take a nap.:)

No comments: