Friday, December 19, 2008

HeartBeats

Yesterday, December 18th, I was officially pregnant well I was officially pregnant before but the doctor's appointment yesterday made it all more real to me. Not only was having someone I don't know down between my knees a less than stellar experience, but I heard my baby's heart beat for the first time. Tim kinda ruined it for me later by saying, " Do you think if the doctor is in a hurry or can't find a heart beat there's a button on the side with a recording of one, just so you don't leave disappointed?" I knew it was real because it was very easy to find, right on top. The nurse practitioner listened for maybe a grand total of 30 seconds before the quick, strong and really loud "lub dub" of my baby could be heard. I was excited to hear it but now it just makes me more anxious to hear it again. I need to find one of those doppler things to take home because I miss hearing the little noise I heard just yesterday. I didn't think pictures of this experience would have been appropriate for something my sister lets her son look at, so there's no pictures for this one. After the appointment I was so thrilled (and starving) that I could barely think. Then of course Tim made his comment about the fake heartbeat and all I could think of was hitting him square in the nose. We went to Chadder's (finally some say) and we were not impressed. Sorry, just not impressed. and it's not just the pregnant girl, Tim was just as judgmental. Sorry for 13.00$ I could make a better tasting burger and fries that won't allow your blood to pump so fast your heart could explode. In n' Out is better I have to say, and to tell you the truth I don't like In n' Out, but really even crappy food could not overshadow my joy in hearing my baby's heart beat.

3 comments:

DA said...

Ah, c'mon. I was looking forward to some pictures to capture every graphic detail:) No, it's good to hear that thinngs went well. It was kind of hard to tell how you felt from your text message last night.
I know, Chadder's isn't fantastic, but Rory loves the triple burger. Last time we went the fries were SOO greasy. I don't think their oil was hot enough. When you have such a limited menu, you can't afford to not get things right.(Say, there's an idea for a baby name, Menu....heh, heh, heh).

tuckerclucker21 said...

No kidding! All I can say is that I am never eating at several burger joints EVER again. Chadder's and Ab's to name a few. We went there a couple days before the doctor's appt and both our hamburgers had TONS of those hard things in it. It was disgusting!! Like eating gravel. I don't know if they needed a filler or someone just had some rocks in their shoes because it was THAT gross

Jennifer said...

Congrats! That is really awesome. Well, not that crappy hamburger part, that sucks, but the baby part is pretty cool!